Tuesday

Exploring Nuggets of History


'I have always been fascinated by the plaques I came across on buildings, which evoked nuggets of history highlighting exciting endeavours and life experiences. As I journey around London I am always curious about the diverse range of lives that these plaques commemorate. 

Plaques galore

This blog compliments a display for Black History Month 2013 which brings together a selective group of plaques which showcase the lives of those of African and Caribbean heritage. It is by no means a definitive list; I would not be so bold as to claim that. Instead, I have photographed and compiled a collection of plaques which show the rich cornucopia of peoples who have made a contribution to our society, and in many cases on the global scale.'

Lily



No comments:

Post a Comment